The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1) Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post
2) Share 7 things about me
3) Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers
4) Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected
1) Thank you happiehippyrose for nominating me! I’ve loved reading your blog (and reading years of your back posts) that have shared so much about your life in Hawaii. It’s made me even MORE excited to move there!
2) Seven things about me:
- I regularly drive my husband crazy with the recycling, sustainable energy and sustainable living lectures on a regular basis. We have a long way to go but we’ll get there eventually!
- I drink an insane amount of coffee. It’s terrible for me but I am addicted! I think I have probably had five cups of coffee today and I’ll probably make another in a minute (its 10:28pm).
- I have been to four continents and hope to make it to 6 within the next 10 years (South America and Australia I’m coming for you!)
- I am my absolute happiest on the beach with a book in hand…
- …speaking of which, I read 2-3 books a week. It is my therapy, my down-time, and my sleeping pill.
- I have been married for a decade, which sounds SO long but in reality it went by in a flash. I am amazingly lucky to have found my wonderful husband who drives me up the wall then has me laughing my ass off a minute later (usually at myself).
- When I was a stay-at-home-mom I couldn’t wait to get back to work and now that I work I look back on all those days and hours of free time I had with envy. I love my job and I love working but I’ll be looking forward to taking time (at least this summer) off before working again. Although it’s very possible that when we do get to Hawaii I’ll start on my Master’s degree and volunteer instead of working.
3) Fifteen Bloggers getting nominated!
The Engelbrecht Family – Jenn has four kids under six and just PCS’ed from Guam to Hawaii. I started reading her blog when we were looking at picking up orders for Guam. I don’t know how she does it as a submariner’s wife, those deployments are terrible!
So-Called Paradise – Another Guam blog, super cute family that just took a trip to Australia (I can’t wait until she post pictures!)
Aisle to Aloha – Lindsey is adorable, fashionable, takes great photos and is expecting her first baby. She is an amazingly talented painter and I am bummed that we probably aren’t going to be in Hawaii at the same time!
Our Nesting Place – Miranda is a talented blog designer with two little ones. She has been kicking butt with boot camp lately and has been such an inspiration to me!
Hyperbole and a Half – If you haven’t read her you are missing out on half of the jokes on the internet. Insanely funny, draws hilarious cartoons and used to live 1/2 hour away from where I used to live in Idaho.
Joy the Baker – I wish I could steal her. Joy is an awesome baker and one of the cutest people ever. Every post makes you feel as if you are chatting with her over a cup of coffee and enjoying something delicious she pulled out of the oven. She is also publishing her first cookbook!
Proud Life of a Chief’s Wife – Jessica is another Hawaii military spouse, on a bit of a hiatus as she just had her first baby last month. She make SUPER cute customized military duty station signs.
Blonde Glambition – She is in the process of PCSing from Hawaii to Italy. She loves the islands and is missing them already. I can’t wait to experience some of her favorite places on Oahu.
The Clean Bin Project – A couple and their roommate went waste-free for one year. While the project is over they still offer tons of information on going waste-free.
i could make that – Alison has an adorable blog that is a daily source of crafty inspiration!
Our Best Bites – Two moms with an awesome selection of ‘real’ recipes. I have made so many of their recipes it’s crazy. Bacon wrapped green beans are now a staple in our house!
Household 6 Diva – Ann Marie is a military spouse living in Germany, great photos, cute kiddos and a hubby that just came home.
Delightfully Coconuts – Jamie is another military spouse in Germany, super crafty with two cute little girls.
Kelsey Lately – Kelsey is actually stationed here in Spain on the same base as I am. She is back in the states temporarily. Wonderful photographer!
I had lots of fun doing this! I love finding new blogs and I hope you find some new ones on this list to love!